All our Recycling Centres are open every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Click on your local centre to find out more.
*Please note our current Permit Scheme is suspended. Please make a booking for a van or large trailer using the link below.
MAKE A VAN BOOKING
VANS: An appointment system is in place at all Merseyside’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) for people using vehicles such as vans or large trailers.
HAVE A QUESTION?
CLICK ON OUR FAQS FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please read the following descriptions for vehicles that require an appointment:
- A van
- A trailer between 2 and 3 metres long
- An appointment is not needed for car with trailers less than 2 metres in length – not including the tow bar. (excludes Sefton Meadows, Formby and Rainhill Centres)
- Vehicles above 3.5t gross vehicle weight, and vehicles with trailers which are longer than 3 metres are not allowed to access a HWRC.
- You will still need to book an appointment if you are hiring a can – please bring the van hire agreement when you arrive at the Recycling Centre.
- Trade and Commercial Waste: is the responsibility of the trader and commercial operator producing the waste, this includes trade premises and small business. Merseyside’s Household Waste Recycling Centres are for householders to deposit their own waste. Trade and Commercial waste will not be accepted. The Environment Agency which can offer advice on the disposal of trade waste.
- Environment Agency T: 08708 506 506 W: www.environment-agency.gov.uk
Privacy Notice: As part of the Booking system we will need to capture some of your personal information in order to provide you with a service. The Authority, in line with its statutory duties publishes a detailed Privacy Notice that covers all of the sets of personal data that it retains and processes for the purpose of delivering its services, operations and public facilities. A copy of the most current Privacy Notice can be found here: MWDA CORPORATE PRIVACY NOTICE 2018