The Merseyside Recycling & Waste Authority and Veolia Community Fund 2020-21 has launched (Monday 17th February, 2020).
£165,000 is available for Liverpool City Region community and voluntary groups, schools and not-for-profit organisations. We are looking for schemes which can reduce household waste, encourage recycling and resource re-use and prevent carbon emissions. Projects will also have to demonstrate wider positive impacts on the environment, health and education.
Successful applicants can be awarded up to £30,000 for schemes which operate across Merseyside and Halton. Between £1000 and £8,000 is available for projects which work solely at one local authority level.
What are we looking for?
Previous Community Fund projects have included:
– creating a sensory learning garden from re-used materials in St Helens
– the development of a shop in Wirral to sell used clothes
– the repair and re-use of unused furniture for redistribution to the local community in Halton
– cookery skills clubs to help reduce food waste across Merseyside and Halton
– sewing classes in Knowsley
– timber waste re-use at a local community farm in Liverpool
– improving online retail skills for a charity shop in Sefton
Bids must tackle one or more of the four priority household waste materials which have been identified by MRWA as key, namely Food, Plastics, Textiles and Furniture. An analysis of waste in 2016 highlighted that a greater amount of these materials could be re-used or recycled. Projects can also include other household waste materials, for example paper, card, metals.
What should I do next?
Interested groups can download the application form via the link below.
The deadline for submissions is 11.59pm on Sunday 15th March.
If groups aren’t sure whether their project is appropriate for consideration then they can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via email to MRWA by Monday 2nd March. However, an EOI isn’t mandatory.
Successful projects should receive the funding in May 2020 and will have ten months to deliver their schemes.
Organisations interested in this year’s Community Fund can:
- Download the application form PDF version and Word version and guidance document (PDF).
- Contact the Authority:
email@example.com / Tel: 0151 255 1444
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Sunday 15th March 2020, 11.59pm.