The Community Fund has now closed for applications.
The £115,000 Merseyside Recycling & Waste Authority and Veolia Community Fund for 2018/19 has launched (Wednesday 7th February, 2018).
The funding has been made available for Merseyside and Halton community and voluntary groups, schools, faith groups and not-for-profit organisations, who can reduce household waste, encourage recycling and resource re-use and prevent carbon emissions.
The projects will also have to demonstrate wider positive impacts on the environment, health and education.
Successful applicants can be awarded up to £25,000 for schemes which operate across all six districts in Merseyside and Halton, and £8,000 for projects which work solely at one local authority level.
What are we looking for?
Previous Community Fund projects have included:
– creating a sensory learning garden from re-used materials in St Helens
– the development of a shop in Wirral to sell used clothes
– the repair and re-use of unused furniture for redistribution to the local community in Halton
– cookery skills clubs to help reduce food waste across Merseyside and Halton
– sewing classes in Knowsley
– timber waste re-use at a local community farm in Liverpool
– improving online retail skills for a charity shop in Sefton
This year bids must tackle one or more of the four priority household waste materials which have been identified by MRWA as key, namely Food, Plastics, Textiles and Furniture. An analysis of waste in Merseyside and Halton in 2016 highlighted that a greater amount of these materials could be re-used or recycled. Projects can also include other household waste materials, for example paper, card, metals.
What should I do next?
Interested groups should complete and submit an Expression of Interest with MRWA.
If applicants are shortlisted then they will be asked to fill in a more detailed Community Fund entry.
Projects will have ten months to deliver their schemes and will be expected to get started by June 2018.
Organisations interested in this year’s Community Fund can:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: 28th February 2018
Contact the Authority by:
Telephone: 0151 255 1444