Councillors on the Authority have decided to open with restrictions and subject to traffic management plans being in place for each site.
MRWA along with its contractor Veolia will be implementing clear operating guidelines with respect to the necessity of visits, social distancing on site and queuing. Our priority at all times is the safety of residents and the hard working staff at all of our Centres.
The restrictions will be:
● The number of vehicles allowed on site will be restricted, and queuing times will be significantly higher.
● As few people should attend the HWRC in a vehicle as possible and, wherever practical, only one person should leave the vehicle to dispose of the waste. Any person who does get out of the vehicle on site should follow any instructions provided by site staff and should remember to follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
● Visits to Formby and Sefton Meadows must be booked beforehand – see https://www.merseysidewda.gov.uk/2020/06/test-merseysidewda-gov-uk/
● Vans must book before visiting – see https://www.merseysidewda.gov.uk/2020/07/book-a-van/
● Social distancing of at least 2 metres will be strictly enforced.
● Site Employees will not be able to assist with unloading.
● Sites will be open 8.00 am – 8.00 pm every day.
If households have had COVID-19 symptoms then waste should be left for at least 72 hours before disposal and personal waste should be safely double bagged. Place it in your normal bin collection if you can.
For your local Recycling Centre see – https://www.merseysidewda.gov.uk/waste-recycling/household-waste-recycling-centres-hwrcs/