A to Z of waste
This A to Z of waste gives you an alphabetical list of items you may need to dispose of. This is by no means a comprehensive list but we are always trying to keep it updated. If you have an item or items you no longer need and they aren’t on the list please call us on 0151 255 1444 or fill in our Contact Form for advice.
- Paper and board
- Plastics - rigid and flexible
- Metals - tinplate and aluminium
- Buying lightly or non-packaged products
- Avoiding wasteful or gimmicky packaging
- Refusing extra bagging
- Using products with refillable containers whenever possible.
- Donate to local charities and community groups
- Car boot sales are a great way of getting rid of unwanted items - a list of regular UK car boot sales can be found at www.carbootjunction.com (click to find a list of Merseyside car boot events)
- Contact a local recycle network such as Freecycle.